Sometimes it’s good to come up with your own creation, mixing together the ingredients you enjoy. I’m a big fan of endives and bacon. The bitter taste of radicchio is another favourite, adding the perfect balance to this dish. This salad becomes a dinner highlight when you break the soft-boiled egg on top of it!
2 large fresh endives
1 large fresh radicchio
75g manchego cheese (grated)
4 thick-cut bacon (cut in small strips)
2 eggs (soft poached)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove (minced)
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon dried dill
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
2 fresh slices of homemade bread
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sea salt
1. Put sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise into bowl and mix until creamy.
2. Add rest of ingredients and stir well.
1. Cut bread into 1”x 1” squares and sprinkle salt over top.
2. Put olive oil into frying pan over medium heat. Once olive oil is warm add bread squares and salt and turn down to low heat. Turn and cook over low heat until bread turned into crusty croutons. Take off heat and set aside.
1. Put olive oil into frying pan. Once oil is warm add bacon and cook. Once bacon is crsipy, towel up and cut into small strips. Set aside.
2. Bring water in pot to a boil. Once boiling add eggs and keep on high heat. After 5 minutes take out eggs and hold under cold water. Peel but don’t break. Set aside.
3. Peel endive leaves from stems and cut radicchio in small pieces. Mix in salad bowl.
4. Sprinkle cheese over salad and top with soft poached eggs.